It is difficult to ask someone else to love you when you don’t fully love yourself. And it’s even harder to pour love from a broken, empty, half filled or unfulfilled heart. We are taught early on (Some of us) to take care of everyone else and their needs. We easily become everything that everyone else needs us to be and can lose ourselves in the process.
- Make a list of the ten things you like about yourself. Treat yourself the way you would treat a friend or a lover.
- Take Time for YOU! Try wrapping your arms around yourself (in private) and tell yourself out loud “I love you.” Write yourself a love letter or leave yourself love notes. Treat YOU as special as you want to be treated.
- Honor You, Flaws and all. LOVE you and all of your imperfect perfections. If there is something that you are not comfortable with…then DO something proactive about it. You don’t need anyone’s permission.
- Forgive You! Your past is a reflection of who you are on your way to becoming. If we allow it, the past can teachus some things about ourselves. Unpack the past, forgive who needs forgiveness even of that someone is you. Let go of ALL that does not serve you on your new journey.
- Date You. YES, Take YOU to all of the places that you’ve ever wanted to go to. Buy yourself a gift, wrap it up and put it away for a month and then “surprise yourself” with it. Sounds crazy, but how you treat you determines how you will allow others to treat you too.
Who can love you better?